Are you a registered childminder?
Are you considering childminding as a career?
Are you confused about how to become a childminder?
Then Childminding Matters are here to help you!
- Whether you have decided to register with Ofsted or choose to register with our Childminding Agency, we can offer you the tools, help and advice you need to do the job.
- We can support you every step of the way, from your childminding registration course, through registration and beyond.
- In our shop you will find the resources you need to do the job, including contracts, an accounts package, accident & incident records, learning journey templates, policies.
- We are an approved CACHE training centre for the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (suitable for all early years practitioners).
- We also sell online CPD (continual professional development) courses.
- Depending on your location, we might also be able to offer a face-to-face visit, for example to help you prepare for your Ofsted inspection or to offer training to a small group of childminders. Contact us for more details.
Childminding Matters was set up by Julia Hinns and Wendy Ockenden. We have been registered childminders ourselves and so we understand not only the difficulties and challenges that you can face, but also the immense job satisfaction and joy childminding brings. Wendy and Julia met at Trio Childcare Connections Ltd – a company set up by Julia in 1996 to manage the childcare requirements of a large corporate client. Trio went on to provide contracted services to local authorities to offer support to childcare professionals, including childminders. With continued cuts to LA budgets, these services have been cut.
We therefore decided to set up Childminding Matters in order that we can support childminders on an individual basis. Although we can offer online support, resources and training to childminders across England, we are only able to offer visits at this time to childminders within approximately 40 mile radius of either Swindon or Banbury - i.e.