provides a range of support, advice and training for childminders (including those in the process of registration) and early years settings to help them provide an inclusive service to meet the needs of all children, families and adults in their setting.
Every child is unique...
and is at the heart of everything a high quality childminder and early years group setting does. Children deserve quality care and education – and we're here to help you deliver it.
Are you a registered childminder?
Are you considering childminding as a career?
Are you confused about how to become a childminder?
Do you work in an Early Years group setting (e.g. nursery / preschool)?
Do you want to gain an early years qualification?
Then Childminding Matters are here to help you!
- Whether you are in the early stages of considering whether childminding is the right career for you or have been a registered childminder for many years, we can offer you the tools, help and advice you need to do the job.
- We can support you every step of the way, from your childminding registration course, through registration and beyond.
- In our shop you will find the resources you need to do the job, including contracts, an accounts package, accident & incident records, learning journey templates, policies.
- We are an approved CACHE training centre for the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator), the Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner), the Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings and the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent.
- We deliver face-to-face training and provide online CPD (continual professional development).
- We offer inset / TD / PD day training and happily develop bespoke training to suit your needs.
- Depending on your location, we might also be able to offer a face-to-face visit, for example to help you prepare for your Ofsted inspection. Contact us for more details.
Childminding Matters was set up by Julia Hinns and Wendy Ockenden. We have been registered childminders ourselves and have worked in early years group settings and so we understand not only the difficulties and challenges that you can face, but also the immense job satisfaction and joy both working in childminding and the early years sector in general brings.
Wendy and Julia met at Trio Childcare Connections Ltd – a company set up by Julia in 1996 to manage the childcare requirements of a large corporate client. Trio went on to provide contracted services to local authorities to offer support to childcare professionals, including childminders. With continued cuts to LA budgets, these services have been cut.
We therefore decided to set up Childminding Matters in order that we can support childminders and group settings on an individual basis. Although we can offer online support, resources and training to childminders and early years group settings across England, we are only able to offer visits at this time to childminders within approximately 40 mile radius of either Swindon or Banbury - i.e.